Premier Fire and Flood Restoration Inc. (PFFR) is committed to managing the environmental impact as an important part of our operations. In particular, it is our policy to assure the environmental integrity of our processes and facilities at all times. We do so by adhering to the following principles:
We have implemented a management system and procedures specifically designed to minimize the use of hazardous materials and energy, to minimize the collection of waste, and to support recycling and reuse of materials.
We encourage participation and communicate our commitment to responsible environmental management by promoting environmental responsibility among our employees; by providing the necessary training and support to enable them to implement this policy; by informing suppliers of our environmental policy and encouraging them to acquire the effective environmental management practices; and by requesting input from our employees, suppliers, customers and shareholders in meeting our environmental goals.
The following measures are taken by management and employees to reduce waste, prevent pollution, and conserve water and energy:
- Purchase environmentally friendly/biodegradable cleaning and sanitization products. All waste water is dumped at a certified waste station.
- All sites pre 1990 are tested for asbestos.
- Use recycled materials in the shop and office area.
- PFFR’s focus on purchasing of vehicles is to have less of an impact on our environment. Eg. Replacing our 8 cylinder vehicles with 6 cylinder vehicles.
- Vehicle maintenance sheets are maintained to ensure vehicles are up to date to eliminate the effects on the environment.
- Recyclable construction materials/goods are taken to stores supporting local charities such as the Bissell Centre and Habitat for Humanity.
- When assigning workers to jobsites, they are based on the geographical location to eliminate unnecessary travel.
- Each crew car pools to jobsites when possible.
- We utilize a content washing system for cleaning content that would have previously been discarded in our local landfills.
- Thermostat temperature is reduced during non-occupied hours on our premises.
- Lights are high efficiency bulbs and are turned off in offices and sections of the warehouse when they are not in use.
- DASH Restoration Business Management is a software system used to help the efficiency of tracking files and reducing the amount of paper used with project files.
- Each work area/station is furnished with a recycle bin/station and used accordingly eg. Recycling paper/cardboard in offices and the shop areas have recycle bins for paper, cardboard, and plastics.
- All workstations have been upgraded to be equipped with high efficiency monitors.
We are committed to reducing the carbon footprint to make this planet a better place for our society’s future.